Mt. Baker From Mt. Constitution

3.21.2009

Ah yes, the third voice of the trio chiming in.

Today was a glorious day in the city of Seattle. After spending an entire day sitting inside and fitting people with running shoes, I was itching to get out into the setting sun and 50 degree fresh air of the evening to partake in a jaunt of my own. Despite mild sickness and lack of sleep (thank you, final exams), I laced up my running shoes anyway. I mean, it’s spring break! Why not?! So off I went down Ravenna blvd to make a loop around the outer perimeter of Greenlake. While tromping around the lake, it’s almost inevitable that I will see a few of the other runners twice during the circuit. As the type of runner that makes eye contact and smiles…shoot, the type of person that makes eye contact and smiles, it’s a secret goal of mine to smile at everyone who I cross paths with on a run. When I see a runner for the second time around the Greenlake loop, I hope that they return the favor and crack a smile. Some of them beam the first time, which makes life easy. I feel like that is the spirit of trail running. Be friendly, get people laughing and smiling, enjoy the fresh air, and run.

Happy running!,

Camper

No comments:

Post a Comment